Feeds

Sunday, February 13, 2011

How to Install WordPress With ByteAct - Free Web Hosting

I wanted to make my own WordPress site! It has been my plan and finally it has become a reality. So what did I do?
First, I bought a domain. There are a lot of sites where you can buy a domain but I bought mine at HostingDude. Since my friend bought there too. So I just wanted to be sure that there is no problem.
Second, I signed up at Byteact for a free hosting account. You see this is how it works to be able to make a website you need a domain and a hosting account so that you would be able to upload all the files that you need. I will explain it further later on.
So once you have the free hosting account and your domain you can go to Byteact. Click on add-on domains. There would be a text box where you can type your domain. So go ahead and type in your registered domain. At this page you will see the name servers take note of them. You go and log in to your hosting account or to your domain account.
I will just go over hosting account that I use since it was my experience. Go to Domain Manager and you will see your site. Put a check mark on it and click on the name server. Then you can input the name servers that I told you to take note of on the two text boxes.
Now you have successfully connected your hosting account and your website. It is time to download WordPress. You go to WordPress.org/download/ and download the WordPress installer. Once you have downloaded it you need to upload it on your hosting account. So you go to Byteact online FTP then click on the folder with your domain's name then click on htdocs folder, inside the htdocs folder you can upload and unzip the WordPress installer file.
We are almost done. The next thing that you need to do is to find wp-config-sample.php and rename it to wp-config.php. Open the file and click on edit, you will need the database name, database username, database password and database host.
Create a Database on Database Management then My SQL Databases. You can Create a name for your database and that is what you will put in the database name. The data base username is called My SQL username which you will find on the lower left corner of your screen. The database password is the same as your FTP Password. Lastly the database host is the My SQL hostname at the lower left corner of your CPanel. Now that you have successfully edited them you can now save it. Then on your browser type in "yourdomain.com/wp-admin/install.php" or "yourdomain.com/whereyourwordpressfilesarelocated/wp-admin/install.php. After that, you can successfully log in to your WordPress site. Congratulations!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...